Saturday, April 14, 2007

Going Into The World Of Photography?

Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution.

-- Ansel Adams

 

I am always fond on pictures. I like capturing images with just about anything or anyone. I feel happy whenever I see photos that really give life.

With that, I think it was just two weeks ago that I went to Hidalgo (photographers haven) to buy my Canon IXUS 850. I really got a good deal from it even though it was really such a hassle going and being there! Hayyy. But it was all worth it!

With my very first own digital camera (yay), I really don’t know how to go through with all the techniques and all. It was difficult for me to figure out all the aspects of the camera because I am a newbie. I had to explore it by myself by reading and understanding the manual. I really don’t like the features of it just go to waste.

Having a new toy (digital camera) while being a bum and nothing to do yet, why not get into something? Something that I like that I can be passionate in time? Something that I can appreciate?

With an interest on photography, I was fortunate enough to attend a seminar (Thanks, Mom.) on Digital Camera Fundamentals at Philippine Center for Creative Imaging last April 11. 

I was at there early and was the first participant. I didn’t know anyone there who’ll be attending. (Ira, you should have come with me. hehe) After a few minutes, some people came in. I was able to meet Dave and Jun E….asked each other if we were professional photographers…but not. All of us were just interested. They were friendly and older than I am. They’re working already. I think among the 12 of us who attended, I was the second youngest. Hehe and only the bum, I think. But is ayt. Hehe most of us were just there for interest. We’re hobbyists but also considering to be a professional in time.

The speaker was Mr. Jun Miranda – first Philippine-based Adobe Certified Expert, has been involved with photography for many years…and others (basta his résumé is really outstanding). Oh, what can you ask for di ba? Good speaker… and all. Hehe

With the seminar…actually, I thought he’ll just teach us the techniques in using a digital camera. However, it was more than that. Handouts were given to us for the seminar. We discussed some limitations and advantages on digital photography, anatomy of a digital camera, several aspects that you have to understand in image quality, some techniques and others.

Also, all of us ate lunch together in one table with Sir Jun. This was also a way for us to talk about other things. Discuss other stuff. What came about was that…it was really at Hidalgo where professional photographers buy their cameras (so, am I counted with that? haha). After that, we had our class picture taken.

When we were tasked to experiment with our camera, *d*mn it* almost all of them have SLRs and I only have a consumer camera. Wahahaha  But it was fine. I still don’t see myself with those kinda bulky (for me) cameras.  

Oh! There was also an I-Mag Photography magazine that Sir gave me coz I was the earliest. (it pays to be an early bird pala talaga. haha) gotta read that magazine….and all of us got our certificates too! Yay!


After the seminar, I really felt great about it and myself because I learned a lot with something that I am actually interested with. I understood the different aspects on digital photography. Now, I am thinking about on getting really serious on photography. I think I can really do well with something that I can be passionate about. I also felt that like a professional photographer (haha) after the seminar, with all the things that I learned coming from an expert and the people that I interacted with. But I know, I know I have so many things to learn.

Hmmm…now, my next project is to save money for an SLR then take several seminars again. But Oh! I want a Gorillapod too now!!! Waaaaa gotta get one!

 

*please always check out [ my-kind-of-photography? ] album for my continuous journey on photography…haha and leave some comments?*

No comments: